From 01/19/09-02/01/09 the fam, on my mudda’s side, voted on a site name with the goal of bringing everyone closer together through the intertubes. I used a Google Form and emailed everyone a link to a static page on my site with the poll embedded. Everyone was asked to choose any/all of their favorites and to forward the poll to anyone in the fam. They were also offered a field to request features. It is now February 2nd 7:40 PM Eastern which means the poll is closed.
And the winner is…
3rd with 3 votes — Helen’s Bunch
2nd with 4 votes each — Gramster Fam, Helen’s Famila, and Helen’s Tribe
1st with 11 votes — Gram’s House
Thanks to everyone who voted.
Feature requests: (edited to note specific request)
- Birthday reminders and birthday wishes.
- Exciting news from whomever to let others know what is exciting in their lives.
- Family Tree.
- Family medical history.
- Weather updates based on family location.
- Emergency telephone numbers.
- Links to some cool games.
- It would be nice if there were a list of birthdays or, like on Facebook, a way in which you can write a birthday message. It’s hard to keep track of everyone’s birthdays.
- Photo albums and email messages when someone adds something new.
- An area for recipes.
Thanks to everyone in the fam for voting and sending in your ideas!
I will now take these ideas and compare the sites I found that offer family-type features and weigh each against each other. I will send an update to everyone once I have that established. If anyone, in the fam or otherwise, is willing to be interested in being a beta tester please let me know.
Update 02/09/09: Added an image of the original survey page below.