My apologies Invisalign followers! My updates have been sorely lacking. Here are some interesting and important updates:
- It took about 8 weeks for my refinement aligners to arrive.
- I was told by my DDS that the refinement aligners move teeth in the first 2-3 days.
- At my second cleaning, while wearing aligners, 4 tiny cavities were found.
- The buttons were removed from my upper teeth.
- The buttons are sanded off in the office and the smell is strong!
- At home you will be able to file down the buttons with s small piece of ‘sandpaper’ – ask your DDS for a few!
The refinement aligners, despite moving teeth in the first few days, need to be worn, to hold your teeth in place, for two weeks. Do NOT think you can get away with wearing them for the first couple days and then switch to the next refinement aligner. Why would you do this anyway? How much time and money have you invested already? 😉 If you’re wearing refinement aligners the end is fast approaching.
I was not as consistent using mouth wash after the first aligners were completed. This created two problems.
- Sensitive teeth
The sensitive teeth issue has more or less been resolved by using the mouth wash nightly or every other night. There isn’t much to do about the cavities except visit the dentist office again in a few weeks. Alas.
After the buttons are removed be prepared for the sticking! “Wha?” Food. It’s going to stick to the plastic on your teeth and it feels very strange because there are no more buttons and because food is sticking to a tooth. After a year of buttons it felt AMAZING to no longer feel the buttons.
The lower refinement aligners have a couple months to go but the change is eye popping!
Day 1 through Day 1 of refinement aligner 8